Welcome to World Events and the Bible and thank you for your interest in commenting on our site. The sole purpose of World Events and the Bible is to provide our readers with a platform covering the events of today and how they relate to the Bible. Additionally, to provide Bible studies and answers to questions in order to bring clarity to various subjects in God’s Word.
Every day we discuss the most taboo topics; religion and politics, and due to that there will be disagreement which is perfectly acceptable. None of us will ever agree 100% on a given issue. None of us are all right and none of us are all wrong.
With that said, you should state your case and point and then move on to the next subject. Hashing out the minute details to the point of ad nauseam only harms the community. Keep this in mind when commenting, and understand we are World Events and the Bible, we are not affiliated with any church or denomination and the beliefs of those organizations are theirs and are not to be posted on this site.
We ask that you be yourself (Matthew 6:1-4). We are real people. We are real Christians and we should conduct ourselves in like manner (Philippians 1:27, Matthew 7:12). We have all levels of Biblical understanding and background on this site, we need to encourage and uplift the young in Christ, we do not want to confuse them and drive them away from the Word of God. Keep that in mind.
What Are We Looking For?
- Individuals who want to help build a strong and tight knit Christian community by uplifting it with positive and encouraging comments (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
- Individuals who are willing to think for themselves and Biblically document their case (Acts 17:11).
- Individuals who are “swift to hear, slow to speak” and those who respect each other and the site they are guests of (James 1:9, Proverbs 14:29).
What We Are Not Looking For?
- Individuals who write their own essays and Bible studies on our site. The comment section is for comments, not lengthy letters (Matthew 5:37). Please keep comments to 500 words or less.
- Individuals who “soweth discord among brethren” by continuing to hash a subject over when both sides of an argument have been presented (Proverbs 6:19, 2 Timothy 2:14).
- Individuals who detract and derail discussion including; ad hominem attacks, spam, inappropriate language or conduct and defamatory remarks (Ephesians 4:29).
How Can You Help?
First and foremost you can help by respecting and following our Community Guidelines as laid out here. You can also assist by “flagging” comments that do not adhere to our guidelines. You can accomplish that by hovering over the comment in question and clicking the small flag that will appear in the top right corner of the comment. A window will come up asking you to confirm your request. When the flag threshold has been reached the comment will be removed and sent to the moderators.
If your comment contains a video it most likely will not be posted due to the length of time required to verify it, even though your comment may fall within our Community Guidelines.
Finally, keep these words close to your heart.
14 “Do all things without murmurings and disputings:”
15 “That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;”
World Events and the Bible